What to expect on Sunday Mornings?
Midtown’s Children’s Ministry meets on Sunday mornings during the worship service and serves infants through 5th graders. We are located in the Preschool Building, the center building on the Ridge Road Baptist Church campus.
Infants through 3-year-olds may be checked in before the service. Children who are 4-years-old through 5th grade are dismissed to Children’s Ministry after the doxology. Children are also welcome to remain in the service with their parents.
2 & 3-year-olds
4-year-olds – 1st Graders
For your family’s security, Midtown utilizes duplicate security wristbands in the check-in and check-out process. In addition, our volunteers have been Midtown members for at least 6 months and have had background checks.
Check in Procedure
Before checking in your child:
- Write your child’s name on both duplicate security wristbands.
- Attach one wristband to your child’s wrist or ankle or clothing (eg, overall strap). In the event a child refuses to wear the wristband, attach the wristband to the teacher’s wrist.
- Attach the duplicate wristband (has a matching number) to the wrist of the parent who will pick up the child.
- Please label diaper bags, sippy cups, and loose diapers.
- Complete the check-in form on the classroom clipboard. Be sure to include the unique wristband number and a reliable cell phone number.
- Initial the sign-in box on the clipboard.
- Alert the teacher to allergy information.
- Show parent’s wristband to the teacher.
- Match parent’s wristband number to child’s wristband number.
- Initial the sign-out box on the classroom clipboard.
- Volunteers may only release children to parents who present the duplicate wristband. Only Sarah, Charity, or the Point Person can release a child to a parent without the duplicate wristband.
The Midtown Connection
Midtown’s newsletter will help you connect with the people, ministries, and current events at Midtown.